Annual Weekend Service Trip
Teens and Families President’s Weekend Trip, 2020
Civil Rights Legacy Trail
Birmingham, Montgomery, Selma – Alabama
February 14-17, 2020
Highlight: Walk the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma
Join Tamid teens and families on this once in a lifetime trip, led by Rabbi Darren Levine and Tamid staff and volunteers.
Visit the Civil Rights Museum, tour University of Birmingham, volunteer with Habitat for Humanity, attend a prayer gathering with the 16th Street Baptist Church Congregation
Tour the capital building, Southern Poverty Law Center, and the home church of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Walk the Edmund Pettus Bridge, tour the Voting Rights Trail Interactive Center and the National Voting Rights Museum
For a detailed itinerary and flight schedule, read the complete itinerary
Registration Process and Details
* Group will depart on Friday afternoon, Feb 14 and will return Monday night, Feb 17
* Tour is limited to 30 participants
* Families of all ages welcome. 6th grade and older can attend without parents.
* All travel and meals included in registration price.
* Pre-trip meeting will be announced in January
Cost and fees
** $895 pp double occupancy by Dec 10, 2019
** $950 pp by Dec 18, 2019
** After Dec 18, cost will be determined based on flight availability.
To register, please contact Christina Broussard and you will receive a registration/payment link
**Payment are non-refundable**