June 27, 2017
This time each year going forward Tamid will begin the process of nominating candidates for open Va’ad (board) positions. This upcoming year we are looking to fill two new open positions. Participating in Jewish leadership is a hallmark of at Tamid and your contribution will strengthen our community and our mission. We hope you will consider nominating the candidates, including yourselves, for two new Va’ad positions we are opening. Please review the process and requirements below and we look forward to hearing from you to help shape the future of our community. Please contact any one of us if you have questions and thank you,
2017 Va’ad Members
Hal Goldstein, Elliott Ingerman, Rabbi Darren Levine, Alla Liberman, Jamie Propp, Robb Tretter (Chairperson)
Va’ad Member Requirements
1. Va’ad must demonstrate active involvement in the Tamid community through regular attendance at gatherings and events.
2. Va’ad members must attend the six Va’ad meetings each calendar year.
3. Va’ad members must maintain membership in good-standing and make a tzedaka contribution.
4. Va’ad membership is a 2-year minimum commitment
NEW ROLE: Chair of Community In-Reach
This person will serve to support new and incoming members as they and their families enter our community. This person will work with other Va’ad members and volunteers to help create and facilitate a creative and warm pathway of welcome for new members. This involves matching current with new members, creating new member events, and being accessible to help new members establish themselves within our community for a lifetime of connection and involvement.
NEW ROLE: Chair of Program and Events
This person will serve to strengthen our program and events at the congregational level such as Limud (adult learning), Tamid Arts, PJ Library, Tot Shabbat, Community events, and new activities to ensure for our community that we are meeting the needs of our members. This person will also work with the Va’ad and staff to help establish a New Annual Event (similar to a benefit) and prepare for our 10-Year Anniversary in 2021.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Describe your interest and skill area in the new role
- Attach a recent CV
- Include any additional information that you feel relevant for the new Va’ad position(s)
- The Va’ad will seriously consider each nominee and keep all communications confidential.