Tamid in Wall Street Journal 9/18

Congregation Set to Unveil Torah Transcribed by Woman Scroll by Julie Seltzer is about only two dozen Torahs written by female scribes across North America The Torah scroll unbound. The Torah that Julie Seltzer she made for the Tamid congregation. PHOTO: TAMID: THE DOWNTOWN SYNAGOGUE By Melanie Grayce West Sept. 18, 2017 8:00 a.m. ET 0 COMMENTS

Read More

First time at Tamid for the High Holidays?

Dear Friends, We’re so happy to celebrate the New Year with you! If this is your first time joining Tamid for the high holidays, please read these 10 Tips as we do things a little bit differently than your average synagogue. 1. We do not have printed tickets. Your name will be on the list

Read More

New Torah Installation 9/21

For Immediate Release September 4, 2017 Tamid: The Downtown Synagogue installs new Torah Scroll at Rosh Hashanah, Sept 21, 2017, at St. Paul’s Chapel. The First Torah written by Female Scribe for a Manhattan Synagogue. The first Torah written by a female scribe for a Manhattan Synagogue will be installed on the Jewish New Year,

Read More

New Student/Family Orientation 9/8, 4:30 PM

A very warm welcome to our 2017-18 New Students and Families! Parents and students are invited to join us on September 8, from 4:30 to 5:30 at Tamid to meet other new families, Christina Broussard and Rabbi Darren Levine for a pre-shabbat welcome. The session will include a review of the curriculum, orientation to the

Read More

Greetings from the IPPA in Montreal

Dear Tamid, Greetings from Montreal. I’m here to debut Positive Judaism at the International Positive Psychology Association annual conference. I’m also happy to announce the launch of the website that will house this work – www.positive-judaism.org. The philosophy and practice of Positive Judaism that we have been grooming together in our school and our congregation

Read More

New Torah Coverings from Jerusalem

Dear Tamid, While in Israel last week, I had the great fortune of finding the factory that provides most of the Torah coverings for congregations all around the world. The factory is located in Meah Shearim (100 Gates), the most ultra-orthodox neighborhood in Jerusalem. Above you see my son Emmett in the showroom with the

Read More

New Va’ad Leadership Openings

June 27, 2017 Dear Tamid, This time each year going forward Tamid will begin the process of nominating candidates for open Va’ad (board) positions.  This upcoming year we are looking to fill two new open positions. Participating in Jewish leadership is a hallmark of at Tamid and your contribution will strengthen our community and our

Read More

Positive Judaism Passover Guide

Positive Judaism Passover Seder Guides by Rabbi Darren Levine, D.Min To enhance your Passover experience, I invite you to use either the Complete Positive Passover Seder Guide or the 15-minute Positive Passover Seder Guide  Dear Friends, Passover is about stories and rituals and lends itself naturally to the core teachings of Positive Judaism, a new approach that leads

Read More

Civil Rights Trip, May 27-29

Travel the Civil Rights Trail with Tamid Led by Rabbi Darren Levine Memorial Day Weekend May 27-29, 2017 Information Hear the stories of civil rights heroes and walk the Civil Rights Trail in Alabama with Tamid.  Individuals and families are invited to join other Tamid members for a journey of a lifetime. Youth 13 years

Read More
1 2 3 4 12