High Holy Days 2020
Let’s come together to honor this New Year!
This New Year, we offer a robust set of holiday offerings for both in-person and on-line observance. With safety and health as our top priority, we will honor the rituals that are the hallmark of Jewish living along with the warmth for which we are known. We look forward to sharing the New Year with you and your family.
Rosh Hashanah Eve, Friday, September 18
8 PM, L’Chayim Shabbat and Rosh Hashanah Eve (online)
Rosh Hashanah Day I, Saturday, September 19
9:30 AM, Shaboom for The New Year with Chesney (on-line)
10:00 AM, Rosh Hashanah Ceremony, LIVE from the Chapel (online & on-demand)
11:00 AM, Tamid U College Student Shmooze with Rabbi Darren (on-line)
12:00 PM, Shofar Blast in Battery Park City with Tashlich and BYO Kiddish (in-person)
6:00 AM, Shofar Blast in Sag Harbor with Havdalah and BYO Kiddish (in-person)
Rosh Hashanah Day II, Sunday, September 20
12:00 PM, Shofar Blast in Hudson Valley with Tashlich and BYO Kiddish (in-person)
Family Yizkor, Saturday, September 26, Graveside Prayer Visits, In-person
10 AM to 3 PM by RSVP in New Jersey (in-person)
Family Yizkor, Sunday, September 27, Graveside Prayer Visits, In-person
9 AM to 2 PM by RSVP in Brooklyn and Queens (in-person)
Yom Kippur Eve, Sunday, September 27
8 PM, L’Chayim Kol Nidre (online)
Yom Kippur Day, Monday, September 28
9:30 AM, Shaboom Yom Kippur with Chesney (online)
10:00 AM, Yom Kippur Ceremony, LIVE from the Chapel (online & on-demand)
11:15 AM, Community Yizkor Memorial Ceremony (online)
6:00 PM, Havdalah and Shofar Blast on the Hudson River, BYO Break-fast (in-person)
When deciding which programs you intend to join, we kindly ask that you please keep the following in mind:
- Online experiences will require a unique access token, similar to a ticket, one per member family. Access codes are included with Tamid membership and members will receive them on Sept 17th.
- Non-members are invited to purchase a Zoom access token for $180. This unique access code will provide entry to all on-line ceremonies for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur for singular use.
- Evening zoom services for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur along with Shaboom will be in the style of L’Chayim Shabbat – casual, live, and personal.
- Main services for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur day, LIVE from the Chapel, will be pre-recorded by our musicians and Rabbi Darren and will be available with your unique access token.
- All members, guests, and friends, are welcome to join Tamid’s in-person experiences to hear the shofar blast, to observe tashlich, and to enjoy a BYO light snack and kiddush. We ask that everyone observe strict PPE health practices. Exact location in Lower Manhattan and in Sag Harbor will be sent to Tamid members via e-mail on Sept 17th.
- Family Yizkor gatherings at cemeteries to recite kaddish or to place a marker or headstone will be led by Rabbi Darren. This offering is only for Tamid members and immediate family. If you are interested in gathering at the grave of your loved one to say Kaddish at this season, please e-mail Christina Broussard to schedule your time. Each ceremony will last 15-20 minutes, and again, we will ask that everyone observe strict health practices, TBD.
Friends, we are encouraged by the success we’ve found in our online experiences since the COVID-19 outbreak. Though difficult to re-create the power of our in-person chapel gatherings, we hope you’ve found connection in the charm and intimacy of our online experiences and we look forward to building on this spirit when we gather for the High Holidays.